So, here I am writing my first ever post! I am pretty excited as it has taken me a while to finally start this blog. I think I first mentioned the idea when I was in my last year at university. I have no real reason for having taken so long to finally get around to it, just pure procrastination, but all that doesn’t matter as I am here now. I am sure I have a lot to learn so I hope you will be patient with me but I am super excited to get going!
Obviously, January is the time for setting new years’ resolutions, but I’ve never been one for them anyway, so instead I want to lay out some of my hopes and aims for this year. I feel it is going to be a good one and this is a good starting point for my musings in Milan!
- First things first, start my blog (so far so good!)
- Get back to studying German, which up until the age of 18 I was pretty good at until I decided Italian was the way forward and more than neglected my German.
- Do lots of yoga, which I only discovered I love just before Christmas!
- Spend a week in Greece at a yoga retreat with my dear friend Grace and leave feeling fabulous
- Make my way to the South of Italy – Sicily or Sardegna
- Make the most of EXPO starting on 1st May in Milan and running all the way through to October 31st. Based around nurturing the planet and renewable energy resources, it is set to bring millions of visitors to Milan and offer up tons of exciting things to see and do.
- Visit Sienna
- Return to Modena where I lived on my Erasmus year for 6 months
- Spend the summer in Essex with my family getting plenty of country air and going for long walks with our crazy Staffy Robbie.
- Finally make it to Zurich to visit my friend who I haven’t seen in nearly three years
- Have a father and daughter day in London at the Audrey Hepburn: Portraits of an Icon exhibition
I will be sure to keep you all updated on which of these I manage to achieve, I am hoping most of them, always optimistic!