Hello everyone! I am writing this post from England as I am finally back home for the Summer with my family and friends! I left the sweltering heat in Milan and hopped on a plane to Stansted, to be pleasantly surprised by the weather here. Not at all as cold and rainy as I was expecting!
I thought I would write a slightly more personal post as being home surrounded by lots of pictures and memories makes you a little sentimental. So I am going to tell you all 10 random facts about myself, so you can get to know me a little better!
- Whilst at University, I joined the polo club and played (or at least tried to learn to play) polo. I don’t think I am a natural, but I absolutely love riding and have ridden since I was young.
- I have taken and passed Grade 6 in both piano and flute.
- In 2001 I performed in a variety show at the London Palladium, with my old Dance School. We performed two modern dance numbers, one to Geri Halliwell’s ‘It’s raining men’ and one to Elvis Presley’s ‘Jailhouse Rock’! For which, we wore amazing 50’s style dance skirts! They were great for twirling around in!
- I have a rescue dog – a Staffordshire Bull Terrier called Robbie! My Dad, brother and I chose him from about ten staffies we met at a Kennels in Essex. He was originally called Diesel until the Kennel staff renamed him.
- My favourite food is Jacket Potato! Or to be honest any type of potato! I just love them!
- Whilst at college, I was an extra in a film about the notorious Witch Hunter Matthew Hopkins. I was in three scenes, including the hanging of three witches, where I had to throw handfuls of mud at the women convicted of witchcraft!
- I can speak Italian and am re-learning German. (Unfortunately since I started learning Italian I lost a lot of my German).
- My favourite author is Charles Dickens! I have every book he wrote and countless books on his writings and his life. I even combined my love for Dickens and Italy for my dissertation in my final year at University, writing about his relationship with Italy, through his travel writing and the novel ‘Little Dorrit’. He was also, interestingly, a great supporter of the Italian Unification.
- Although I live in a city and love city life, I am a true country girl at heart and find that the smells, sights and sounds of the Essex countryside are so relaxing and beautiful. It is where I feel most at home.
- My favourite film (or at least one very high on my list) is Shawshank Redemption. I love the way the film is narrated and the beautiful sentiment in the most memorable quotes from the film.
– I have to remind myself that some birds aren’t meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. But still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they’re gone. I guess I just miss my friend. –
These are just a few random musings about myself, which I hope you have enjoyed! If you feel like it leave me a random fact about yourself below! I would love to know something about you!
I have lots of posts planned for the next month and am looking forward to a busy summer or fun and writing!